Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Too long

Way too long since my last post, I know! I'm one of those in the "sandwich" generation, stuck between the demands of young folks and the demands of old folks. These last months I've been taking care of some major issues on the elder side of the spectrum, while also juggling the kids, the house, the barking/pooping machine known as Lily, and the two cats, "Lazy" and "Lazier." Actually, "Lazier" is far from it, and he added to my stress recently by getting into a fight with "something" (as the Vet described it) during one of his chipmunk-hunting forays into the nearby cemetery. The attack left two very large bite marks in his leg (a confused Vampire?) and necessitated his house-arrest for 45 days. He broke out twice but was easily lured back in with the promise of chipmunk-flavored treats with which to stuff his face.

Anyway, I've tried to make writing time these last months but my blog has been neglected, much to the disappointment of my millions, well, okay, tens of constant readers. You haven't missed much--there's been nothing to report. If I'd landed an agent, made a two-book deal, sold a screenplay, lost ten pounds, well, you would've heard about it. My WWII mystery has generated some interest agent-wise lately, but there's nothing to report on that front either.

Now, the elder issues are about to be resolved (just in time for school to get out, my least productive time of the year, thank you very much). The chipmunks have smartened up and moved to a more rodent-friendly neighborhood. I'm in the writing zone again. And maybe, just maybe, I'll get a chance to post again before 2010!


Janet - No power in the 'verse can stop me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home